We need an experienced content designer to join San Francisco’s Digital Services Team. You’ll need to do more than just write simple, clear UX content, although you’ll need to be great at that. We need someone with a proven ability to:
- Focus on the user.
- Simplify the process.
- Work in small, agile, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Fight content by committee.
- Make digital services that are clear and easy to use (for both external users and City staff).
- Fight for inclusive, accessible language.
Salary range: $97,318 - $122,434/year
Lead UX content design on digital products
- Identify user and organizational needs through interviews, conversations, workshops, and analytics research.
- Navigate the organisation and build strong professional relationships with everyone from lawyers to stakeholders to get what’s best for the user.
- Ensure the team has a situational awareness of what each other is working on and how this relates to practical government objectives and user needs.
Deliver clear, user-centered content
- Create simple, concise, accessible UX content that meets user needs. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You’ll write landing pages, forms, navigation labels, notifications, research findings, blogs, and information across an entire service.
- Incorporate continuous feedback from users, peers, and stakeholders by leading content-focused usability and critique sessions.
- Make complex language and processes easy to understand.
- Measuring and evaluating outcomes for content.
- Maintain consistency and contribute to our content style guide. In some cases you’ll need to work with departments to create and standardise their style.
Build content design across the City
- We’re building more than digital services: we’re building a culture and community of content design. We need someone generous and opinionated who will contribute to and revise content resources, blogs, and mentor other content designers.